Tuesday, June 16, 2009

March 5, 2006

Mom is putting these on -- I'm emptying my groupwise mailbox.

Let's see this week-
well it has been crazy busy- I have just had so much to do. I had a couple of nights I didn't get home till about 11:30. Hopefully things will get better. I am just amazed at how busy this semester has been for me.
Let's see, some highlights of the week... On Friday there was a 'girls night out at the gym' and I was able to teach pilates for it. I had a great time. When I got home John tooke me to Chornicles of Narnia. It was the second time for both of us, and I really enjoyed it. After we went and played Rook- and ended up winning!! It was amazing.
Saturday was the championship iron chef round- very impressive dishes!
Today I had a Mexican friend come over and show us how to do tostadas for dinner. They were yummy and now I have this good salsa (well, hot sauce)- Valentina- it's cheap- $.79 for a bottle and pretty authenic- now I get to figure out what to do with the left overs- My mexican friend said he likes it on chips or popcorn. The best part of the tostada- I think was the avacado! Yum!! -something intersting- he pureed the refined beans- in the blender with a bit of water. It was a fun light meal.
John and I went to the fireside. I enjoyed it a lot. Elder Bateman talked about how Alma 5 and 32 talk about faith specific to the audience and how 32 gives you the way to be able to answer the questions in 5. He then went on to speak about The purpose of mortality:
1. To gain a body
a. sacred power of creation
b. Instrument of the mind
c. receptacle of light
2. To gain truth and light

No comments: