| Sunday - February 26, 2006 4:07 AM | |||
Wow, what a day :). I woke up and did some wonderful scripture reading, and then went to step aerobics and pilates. then I came home, showered, ate, did a bit of homework, went on the shopping trip of the semester!! Hopefully I won't have to go back to Walmart ever again! Some groups of friends had a iron chef competition- two of the winning teams from last week faced off in the tourment- their secret ingredient was coconut milk- wow. The first group did coconut-blueberry crepes for their appetizer, a coconut pesto sauce on steak for they main dish, and a, I think it was a coconut cream custard with chocolate sauce for their dessert, the other, winning group, did a coconut soup-served in a coconut for appetizer, the most amazing coconut creamy curry sauce that I think had a kind of red pepper with rice looking pasta that had sun dried tomatoes and some chicken for their main dish, and then they tried making coconut ice cream baked alaska- the ice cream didn't set, but it was a beautiful presentation anyway. Oh, fine food ;p.
I went to work and made biscuits with one of my residents-Rulon, because another on of my residents-Helen, had some huckelberry jam- so we made biscuits and put the jam on them--ooohhh yum! i love biscuits- I had forgotten how good they are! We played a bit of jepardy with the things we had learned about this month- Hersheys was founded, Charles Dicken's birthday, Presidents' day, and Red Dress month- heart. It was great to review. We then played a good bout of hangman and called it a day.
Now for all the dance goings on... so we had Sadie's Hawkins tonight- well, I didn't really realize it was tonight till about Thursday- so yesterday I e-mailed John to see if he wanted to go, he didn't respond to the e-mail- so I found out when he came over last night that he wouldn't mind going... so today I was wondering how I was going to work this out- when one of my roommates told me of some girls that were going- who happened to be John's FHE sisters- so I called them up and we were able to join their group ;). it was a retro them- so I borrowed a 70's dress from Roz, got all ready, with more make up on than I have ever had, oh, what one does for a theme ;p. well, we met at 7 had tacos, then cut up cartons of ice cream onto cookies sheets, and put toppings on and dug in- ya- I have not eaten that much ice cream in a very long time!! It was fun, for dinner they had put different activities that we had to do on the bottom of the plates that we had to do during dinner and then we had to guess what everyone had- like I had to bring up hippos seven times- and it turned out a boy had to dance anytime some said hippo... another boy had to copy everything that the person to his right was doing- it was soo funny because he was sitting besides a girl... it was a fun game. We went to the dance and had a good time. The group was really fun. After the dance we went and played murder in the dark in the lounge- the one where you turn off the lights, and walk around- it was really fun. I really love John's FHE sisters-they are soo cute. I went over after all was said and done and talked with them for another couple of hours-particularly with on girl named Kelah, they are just so sweet. It was a great night.
Oh, by the by, this week I played battleship- I am on a team- it is a game in which you get a canoe, put it in the swimming pool. You have your buckets and shields and go around and try to sink everyone else's boats- it is wild! We did pretty well. There are three rounds- the first round we survived, the second round it was between us and another boat, and the third round we barely survived! The only problem is that after kneeling in the boat for 45 minutes(each round is 15 min)- my knees hurt sooo bad!!!
I was able to subsitute teach pilates- it was fun- but rushed!! It was uplifting- I was able to talk with some of the girls afterwards, and they had liked the class :).
I taught about healthy heart living for enrichment. It was really good for me- I have somethings to improve on (my diet!!), but I am afraid I might have overwhelmened the girls a bit by giving them too much- but it was fun-a few of them said they liked it.
I went to a personal trainers meeting- I think I am going to try to be a personal trainer this summer. It is nothing official- just on campus, but I think it would be an incredible experience :).
Yesterday was kind of discouraging. I studied five hours for my physics test, then I didn't do very well- humph! I am hoping that it won't turn out too bad.. and I did really well on the first test-so maybe they'll average out to be okay--we'll see...
Last night was fun, John and I played Rook with Roz and her boyfriend Landon, I really like the game. then Roz and I stayed up and talked a bit:).
I think that the quote of the week was from work- when Helen and I were being a bit silly playing the games and Leah, another resident said to one of the workers: 'Aren't you glad we're not related to either one of them?'- I busted up- it was just so quick and witting for her to say- and let's just say she's not the sharpest pencil in the can...
Oh, last Sunday, I went to my old roommate, Monica's farewell- it was really good to see her- she is going to make a wonderful missionary! It was also nice because I was able to get a ride with Jenn, my other old roommate, and her husband, so we were able to catch up.
Oh,did I tell you about Valentines? John MADE me a card- it was really cute- he even made the envelope! and he gave me a dozen roses. We went to one of his old companion's house and had dinner, and went sledding- I froze!! I have never been soo cold- I was getting sick because of it, and my hands were soo bad- two of my fingers ended up swollen- and one is still swollen- the skin is now peeling off- ya pretty bad- We then came back and played uno- so it was a nice night besides the frozenness... I heart attacked his door, gave a plate of cookies and his favorite ice cream.
On Saturday I made homemade ice cream at work- oh, boy is that good! our owner came in and told some great stories about meeting his wife- I about rolled over laughing! in the evening John and I went to a choir concert and that was great- I love good choir music!
Well, I think that is just about all the exciting things going on in my life. I hope you had fun reading this forever long e-mail, and hope you have a wonderful day!
lots of love!
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment